I was extremely flattered when Jen over at mewhoami.wordpress.com nominated me for this award. Part of receiving this award is paying it forward and providing readers with 11 interesting facts about yourself. So without further ado, here are my 11 interesting facts:
- my boyfriend is 9 years younger than me. Yes, I am a cougar.
- I am a former military fiancee and fierce supporter of wounded warriors
- I cannot swim
- my favorite place in the world is Lake MacDonald in Glacier National Park
- I am allergic to barley and hops (goodbye beer)
- I work in an emergency room
- my brother taught me how to read when I was 4
- I have a ridiculously high threshold for pain
- I love music but sadly cannot play a single instrument
- I hate math
- I hold my breath while I wash my face and I have no clue why.
Now, the “rules” for the Liebster Blog Award state it’s meant for blogs with fewer than 200 followers, but I would like to recognize all the blogs I like, regardless of how many followers each has:
Julia @ feedmedaily.blogspot.com. Julia writes beautifully, with incredible wisdom and emotion. She is frank, brave, hopeful and talented!
Raimy @ creative-guru.com. This girl’s writing makes my blog look like it was written by a 3rd grader! Wonderful insights on the mind and how it affects our entire lives.
Jen @ mewhoami.WordPress.com. Technically not supposed to include the person who nominated you, but I love reading Jen’s blog. Her posts about autism are deeply moving.
Shareenayoub.WordPress.com and roamaboutmike.com. Both have many many followers but the “This is my life, warts and all” approach (with humor sprinkled in) totally makes me feel like I’m catching up with longtime friends.
rebuildhealthandhome.com Much like myself, Lauren is dealing with a lot, she’s in love and decorates ah-mazing-ly! Her honesty and humor (and gorgeous page layout) make her blog a favorite.